The primary purpose of this role is to ensure that Betknowmore UK recruits, develops and retains high quality people to facilitate the achievement of the charity’s overall vision and strategy. This includes managing the recruitment, selection and onboarding process, ensuring that personal development plans are in place and that supervisions are carried out.
Reporting primarily to the Director of Operations, the role also involves supporting line managers and teams across both Betknowmore UK and Betknowmore Global Ltd with all aspects of payroll and benefits including resolving associated enquiries.
Whilst specific legal training is not required, solid HR legal knowledge will be advantageous, including the ability to handle complex grievance or disciplinary matters should they arise.
Betknowmore UK will invest in the candidate’s professional and personal development, including pathways for career progression within the charity.
This is a part-time position offering flexible, remote-working for the ideal candidate.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Full management of the end-to-end recruitment and selection process for Betknowmore UK and Betknowmore Global Ltd.
- Maintain recruitment resources and materials, including recruitment agencies’ accounts.
- Oversee the onboarding process including the completion of the new starter and induction check lists.
- Manage the recruitment inbox, responding to correspondence and issuing acceptance letters to successful candidates.
- Provide all new members of staff with access to policies, processes and other company documentation via Appogee HR.
- Work closely with line managers across Betknowmore UK and Betknowmore Global Ltd to ensure personal development plans are in place for all team members.
- Coordinate the completion and documentation of regular supervisions.
- Manage the Appogee HR system in conjunction with the Director of Operations.
- Maintain confidential HR records, including communication with the finance team and third-party payroll provider on salaries.
- Handle enquiries from employees across the organisation in relation to salaries, pensions and benefits.
- Administer the comprehensive employee benefits scheme including the employee assistance programme.
- Participate in quarterly review of charity and company policies in conjunction with Board members.
- Attend regular meetings, primarily via Teams or Zoom, with other members of the wider Betknowmore UK and Global team.
- Adhere to Betknowmore UK’s policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, inclusivity and equal opportunity in working with colleagues and stakeholders with a wide range of perspectives and experiences.
- Be a good team worker, demonstrating loyalty and commitment to the organisation and team members.