The Engagement and Communications Officer will work closely and flexibly with the Betknowmore team - supported by the Head of External Affairs. The candidate will need to be skilled at working collaboratively with both internal colleagues and external partners. They will have a proven track record and relevant experience in building partnerships and nurturing relationships, to ensure those impacted directly or indirectly by gambling harms are supported. Key responsibilities will be to act as the gatekeeper of our work with key partners and other charities within the National Gambling Support Network (NGSN) making sure our obligations are met and relationships are continually strengthened. Assist with planning and implementation of engagement plans, as well as having input on communications activity to raise awareness of Betknowmore UK with local & national stakeholders, positioning the charity as a leading provider of gambling support. They will work closely with our Head of External Affairs to build our portfolio, generate awareness at stakeholder events and support our communications strategy.
The purpose of this role is to act as gatekeeper for our work within the National Gambling Support Network as well as supporting the vision of Betknowmore UK by maintaining and growing its existing stakeholder base and to support grow our charity services. There will be opportunities to engage and support with national service delivery, writing engaging content for new campaign work and awareness building activities to grow the profile of Betknowmore across the UK.
The Engagement and Communications Officer will work closely and flexibly with the Betknowmore team, supported by the Head of External Affairs.
They will need to be skilled at working collaboratively with both internal colleagues and external partners to:
• Maximise opportunities to build brand awareness at both a national and local level.
• Collaborate with local, regional and national services to maximise stakeholder engagement and pursue partnership opportunities.
• Work on engagement projects to gain insight, seek and build partnerships and build brand awareness in new target locations.
• Work in collaboration with other service providers within the National Gambling Support Network.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
• Building relationships in new geographical area targeted for growth and collaborative work with the Head of External Affairs.
• Ensure engagement activities are evidenced such as the creation of case studies and seeking PR opportunities.
• Have an overview of local engagement activities throughout all of Betknowmore UK service contracts and interact with team meetings to ensure local engagement plans are developed, which embed our services into local structures to increase referrals and identify partnership opportunities.
• Work with the Contract Partnerships & Fundraising Manager to ensure stakeholders are committed to active engagement within their community areas and understand the issues that impact on those living and working in the area.
• Assist with planning and implementation of communications & engagement plans to raise awareness of Betknowmore UK with local, regional and national stakeholders.
• Support Betknowmore’s internal and external communications, helping to develop our multi media work through our podcasts, newsletter and website content.
• Manage differing forms of media & PR requests.
• Undertake any other tasks as reasonably directed by your line manager.
• Adhere to Betknowmore UK’s policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, inclusivity and equal opportunity in working with colleagues and stakeholders with a wide range of perspectives and experiences.
• Be a good team worker, demonstrating loyalty and commitment to the organisation and team members.
• At least two years’ experience in a similar role.
• Experience in planning, implementation, monitoring and review of engagement and communication activities.
• Experience of multi-agency working and maintaining positive relationships.
• A proven track record and demonstrated ability of working collaboratively with a variety of colleagues at all levels.
• Experience in Multi-Media, copywriting and creating content.
• An understanding of the gambling harm sector and preferred experience of the space we work in.
Get help for a loved one or someone you know who is suffering from gambling-related harm.